top of page


Support for your emotions and wellbeing

There are many options to access support for you because it is recognised that cancer impacts the family, not only your partner. You can ask your hospital healthcare team about what support is available, they may be able to refer you to a hospital-based support service.


Maggie’s also offer wonderful all-round family support.


Alternatively, you can investigate private counselling. Both the BACP and Counselling Directory have search facilities where you can search for qualified and registered therapists in your area. You can also ask your GP to refer you for counselling and they might know of free or low costs counselling services available in your area.


Mummy’s Star is here to support you through this period, and we offer regular check-ins to see how you are and what will help you through this period. If you would like some support around the psychological impact of cancer please contact your Mummy’s Star information and support worker or email pete@mummysstar.orgIf you are feeling unsafe or distressed outside of our working hours please call the NHS on 111 for support.

Man with Mobile Phone
opening screen.jpg
bottom of page